The Spitzer Art Center
Kimberly Juda Souder is a certified K-12 Art educator, and has been teaching both children and adults in both private and group settings in the Harrisonburg area since 2006. She currently holds classes at the Spitzer Art Center, located close to downtown Harrisonburg, VA. To schedule private lessons or a group class (adults or children) please use the contact form provided.
Information on Private Lessons
- Currently, private lessons are held on Saturdays (morning or afternoon) and Sunday afternoons. A lesson typically lasts one hour, however, you may choose to have a lesson as short as 1/2 hour, or as long as 1 and 1/2 hours. It is preferable to schedule lessons on a weekly or bi-weekly basis.
- Payment is due at the time of the lesson, and cash or check is accepted. Checks should be written out to Spitzer Art Center.
- It is an option to share a private lesson with another student(s) and this decreases the cost per student.
- Lessons are designed around the student's skill level and desired media. Currently, those options are drawing and painting. Supplies are included in the cost (except for adult painting lessons). Pencil, charcoal, chalk pastel, oil pastel, colored pencil, watercolor pencil, tempera, watercolor, and acrylic paint are all available for student use during lessons.
- If a lesson needs to be cancelled, please give 24 hours notice if possible. Also, a lesson may be rescheduled due to inclement weather or instructor illness.
- The amount of lessons given is to be determined by the student or parent. It is preferrable to schedule at least 4 to 6 lessons so that the student can learn enough necessary material to increase skill level. Some students choose to have lessons for a longer amount of time, ie. one or two years.
Fees for private and semi-private lessons:
For a one hour lesson
1 student $25
2 students $28
3 students $30
For a 1 1/2 hour lesson
1 student $35
2 students $40
3 students $45
For more information on the Spitzer Art Center, visit their website at www.spitzerartcenter.org. It is located at 486 West Market Street, Harrisonburg, VA 22802. There is a parking lot available behind the house and students may use the rear entrance.